Book & Product Reviews
I stumbled upon a writer’s website the other day. Someone recommended Steven Osborne’s article on
- Speedwriting For The Rest Of Us.
My note taking has become a bit messy lately. Steven’s article on speedwriting hooked me into his website.
This is a place for people who write. And Steven writes well. He has 3 e-books for aspiring writers, very reasonably priced, at $7. During my break today, I decided to read his book:
- The Magic Of Pre-Writing
Now first let me say, I do use pre-writing templates, often, but not systematically. A glimpse at his template got me intrigued. He knew more about using pre-writing templates than I did.
I enjoyed reading this book. A quick and easy read. I finished my break with a much deeper understanding of using pre-writing templates.
Steven does an excellent job at describing and teaching you how to use a template before you begin writing. He takes you through each step with detailed how-to information. You will never get writers block again if you follow his template. Everything is there.
The result is:
- Your writing project writes itself.
As you go through the different steps in filling out your template you write an effective outline for your project. And it is even a step or two beyond an outline. All you really need is a few transition sentences to pull your project together in a final draft.
Steven breaks down all non-fiction writing projects into 4 different basic categories. He then takes you through each of the four categories in detail with an example.
I highly recommend this little 43 page e-book to anyone who wants to write non-fiction effortlessly, and wants to know how to use a template for great writing.
Read more Book Reviews:
Communication For International Sales
Here are reviews of the books I have read recently to help me with communication for international sales:
- A Writer’s Guide To Powerful Paragraphs By Victor C. Pellegrino
- Content Rich By Jon Wuebben
- Get Content Get Customers by Joe Pulizzi & Newt Barrett
- Letting Go Of The Words – Writing Web Content That Works By Janice Redish
- Stories That Sell By Casey Hibbard
- The Culturally Customized Web Site By Nitish Singh And Arun Pereira
- The Magic Of Pre-Writing By Steven Osborne
- The Secret To Writing A Successful And Outstanding Blog By Liz Strauss
Here are reviews of the books I have read recently to help me with international sales:
- All of the Little Sales Books by Jeffrey Gitomer
- Asinine Advertising By Herschell Gordon Lewis
- Influencer: The Power To Change Anything by Kerry Patterson – Joseph Grenny – David Maxfield – Ron McMillian & Al Switzler
- Sales Strategy From The Inside Out By Duane Sparks
International Web Marketing
Here are reviews of the books I have read recently to help me with international web marketing:
- Bit Literacy Productivity in the Age of Information and E-mail Overload By Mark Hurst
- Dotcomology The Science Of Making Money Online By Stone Evans
- How The Internet Works By Preston Gralla
- How to Win Sales & Influence Spiders By Catherine Seda
- Landing Page Optimization By Tim Ash
- Mastering Online Marketing By Mitch Meyerson
- Multichannel Marketing By Akin Arikan
- Online Competitive Intelligence By Helen P. Burwell
- ProBlogger by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
- Stats Faceslap By Ed Rivis
- The Ultimate Web Marketing Strategy By Ed Rivis
- Website Optimization by Andrew B. King
Here are some Product Reviews:
- Ed Rivis’ Stats Faceslap
- Success Chef’s Marketing E.S.P.
- The Management Tools I Use For Content Created To Be Re-Packaged
- The Ultimate Desktop Copy Coach By Tony Flores
- Web Video University And International Marketing
All of the book and product reviews here are totally unsolicited… spontaneous …and without affiliate links. These are books I have read recently and only the ones that I share with friends. So all of the reviews you find here are on books and products that I highly recommend.
Also, as these are books and products that I have recently read since, this is not a list of my all-time favorite books. Hopefully I will get around to reviewing my favorite culture and international business books sometime soon.
Use these skills in your international tactics on the…
Get International Clients International Sales Road Map:
• Do you know how to communicate with different countries?
• Do you know how to pull all of your different international marketing pieces together?
• With culture customized content
• With trust and empathy
• With strong cross-cultural communication
• Do you feel at a loss with regards to dealing with international business?
Filed under: book reviews
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business