Here are the international and cross-cultural links found last week.
- Baidu Integrates Real-Time Translation into its Browser - Putting the Google/China story aside, this is proof the tools for International Marketing are getting much more interesting.
- Asia’s Expensive Restaurants - Part of the fun when travelling is trying the local food. I wonder what extra these restaurants have to offer.
- For Japanese Women, The Past Is The Latest Fad – Here’s an interesting read on Japanese culture today.
- Globish, Technology, and the Plight of the Japanese Language - A very interesting read on how Globish impacts other languages. Grab a coffee, there are lots of videos too.
- The India Way Of Doing Business - This is a fascinating read even if you are interested in doing business in a culture other than India. It highlights the cultural differences in doing business.
- Cross-cultural Communication Strategy – the 4 Building Blocks - Read Amadou M. Sall’s article on how to build a cross-cultural marketing strategy with a Global Mindset, Global Knowledge, Global Cross-Cultural Skills & Global Business Skills.
- One Piece Localization or Censorship? - Click through and watch this 4 minute video to see an example of a Japanese anime cartoon localized for the American market. What do you think of this?
- A special report on America’s economy: Export or die - Do you think American businesses will need to rely less on selling to Americans and more on selling abroad?
- History of American Sales Culture - Here’s an interesting look at the American sales culture by Alen Majer. If you have insights about other sales cultures please let me know.
- SarahLacy.com: My Favorite Books about Emerging Markets - What are your favorite books on emergying marketing?
International Social Media
- In Canada, .ca is replacing .com - Here in France most French websites use .fr What’s the trend in your country?
- Multilingual SEO: Things to Remember - This is a good read on Search Engine Journal to get you started with multilingual SEO. Do you have any other tips to add?
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Working with multi-regional websites - Read this for guidelines on how to structure multilingual blogs and websites to reach different markets.
- How To Add Languages That You Speak To Google Chrome - Here’s a useful tip for multilingual Chrome users.
- What translation means for SEO – Blogs & Content - Here’s a look at the difference of translation for SEO and for advertising or marketing. What do you think of the translation solely for SEO purposes? We don’t usually do it in English. But it seems some websites need it to reach global audiences fast.
- Cause for concern – The Personal videos Campaign - Here’s a video case study of how an Israeli TV show used free social media as its only source of publicity. The results: 4.7% rating for the season debut and 1,800 mentions in blogs, social networks & newspapers in Israel.
Do you have any other video social media case studies to share?
Now It’s Your Turn
- What about you? Did you find any interesting links recently?
- What do these international and cross-cultural links inspire for you?
- Which international link is your favorite?
What do you think? Please share your thoughts and comments below.
Photos from Shutterstock.
Filed under: International Business
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business