Kathleen Gage has been creating information products for over 20 years, but what I found interesting was her story of how her company survived the economic crash in the aftermath of September 11th. Kathleen had a few information products at the time, but had not really re-purposed them.
When she was facing the prospect of bankruptcy in the tough downturn economy, she decided to invest a little bit of time and a little money in re-purposing an information she had. This is what saved her company, and lead her to re-purpose more information products.
Here is her advice on using information products to get your company through a touch economy:
Create an information product funnel at a price that will:
- Give free information for people who don’t have the money at that moment
- Be at a price serious prospects will pay.
Create high value products at a reasonable price.
You need to take calculated risks to get you through to the next level.
- you might need to invest a little money in delivering a high value product
Treat information products like a business
- Information products do provide passive income, but you do need to work at it.
Do the leg work
- You will need to market your information products.
- If you stop the marketing, the revenues in “passive” income will stop.
There are two elements involved:
Writing the information product
Marketing to get sales for the information product
The other bit of information that I found interesting, was that in Kathleen’s experience:
ANY company with a product or service can create an information product.
This is also my belief. In fact it really is a question of knowing your target market and a little bit of creative thinking. I can always come up with an idea for an information product for a specific target audience that ties in with the companies current product or service line.
Developing international sales through information products is a low-risk, low-cost way for companies to get the foreign market knowledge needed for a more aggressive international expansion strategy.
More On Information Products To Open International Markets:
- Brick And Mortar Companies Use Information Products For International Business Development
- Information Products Can Save Your Business In A Slow Economy
- The Business Of Content
More In These Get International Clients Business Guides:
- Discover Your International Business
- Plan Your International Sales Road Map
- International Market Research
- International Web Visibility
- Connect With Your International Markets
Filed under: information products
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business