There are some interesting comparisons in the evolution of skills needed to be competitive in the business world today, and the skills you need to build an international business.
Competitive Business Today
Everyone you look businesses are talking about how to use social media to build stronger relationships with clients.
Businesses today need skills that work in this customer centric business world. Customers have the power.
Marketing professionals have traditionally studied their clients behaviors. They have always tried to identify their client’s needs to be able to make the most appealing offer.
But today, marketing professionals are developing these skills even more. They have to. Simply to know how to communicate with their prospects.
People are using a wide variety of communication channels before businesses even hear about them.
This means that marketing professionals need even stronger skills in studying human behaviors.
International Business Today
In international business, good cross-cultural communication skills play an important role in success. Cultural differences can mine good international business relationships on many different levels.
And yet good cross-cultural communication are simply good communication skills with a difference. You have to slow down your communication at least a second or two to pay attention to the other person.
Again it is about studying human behaviors. Different human behaviors.
Where Current Marketing And International Best Practices Meet
Competitive businesses today are using social media. This increases their people skills on many different levels.
International businesses today also rely heavily on international web marketing.
It is more difficult to enter into conversations with your foreign markets online. But the same people skills that are current best practices in your core business can help you make a good start in your foreign market.
Good people skills are valuable assets.
More On Improve Your International Sales Skills:
- Basic Skills You Need To Stand Out Today
- Do Not Give Up Too Soon On Your International Business
- Do You Have A Clear Vision Of How To Get International Sales?
- Do You Know The Real Questions Your International Clients Are Asking?
- Emotion Buttons For International Sales
- How Good People Skills Also Grow Your International Business
- Improve Your International Sales Skills For Your Competitive Advantage
- Learning International Skills From A Course Or A Book
- The Multiple Facets Of International Sales Preparation
More In These Get International Clients Business Guides:
- Discover Your International Business
- Cross-Culture Sales
- Cross-Cultural Negotiation
- Cultural Web Tools
Filed under: international sales skills
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business