We can often find cross cultural communication can often be a challenge.
Look at how surprisingly easy it is here:
Update with another interesting story about elephants:
In India young elephants are tied to a tree to be taught obedience. They pull and pull but cannot break free. The elephant is still not strong enough to pull the tree out, and in time, after many attempts, it becomes to believe that it will not break free.
No matter how large and strong it grows, it believes that it will never pull the tree out.
At this point, an elephant can be tied to a twig and it will not attempt to break free. It will always believe that the twig is stronger than it.
Do you ever feel like your stuck?
Brush up your international skills…
Watch more Culture Videos:
- A New Vision For Refrigeration
- A Short Comedy On Cultural Pronunciation
- A Tour In World Culture
- A World Tour
- Christmas Buffling In Britain
- Cross-Cultural Management and Diversity – Carlos Ghosn
- Cross Species Communication
- English Language Difficulties In Action
- Renate And Charly Dance Tour
- Telling Stories Of Our Shared Humanity
- The Buffling Phrases Britain Hates
- The Girl Effect
- The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
- World View Of A Days Air Traffic
Use these skills in your international tactics on the…
Get International Clients International Sales Road Map:
• How can culture-customized content increase your international sales?
Find out more in Step 5 on Get International Clients
• How can you tweak your web site to improve your cross-cultural communication?
Find out more in Step 8 on Get International Clients
Filed under: Culture Pulse
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business