Here is a quick summary of what I have been doing on social media strategies this past week. You will find a list of this week’s tweets below.
Week In Review
This past week was an easy summer week at work. This is what I did:
- Tweaked the new social media marketing plan to suit my schedule
- Tested group Twitter tools
Last week I also spent a large amount of time dealing with a series of administrative glitches only encountered in France. This inspired my guest post on Ego:
- Interview: Silvia Cambie/Yang-May Ooi: Developments in Cross-Cultural Communications, PR+SM – RT @jangles @hemartin
- Books on multicultural reconciliation complied by Byron Borger – via @stevebishopuk
- RT @intercultureNet – An interesting presentation on Intercultural Communication.
- Dallas Hispanic marketing expert Edward Rincon’s new blog on multicultural research thecultureofresearch.blogspot.com – via @SJeanDallas
- RT @DoreenatDMS #FF always engaged in crosscultural, multiculturalism issues; good/smart folks: @brandoneculture @irshadmanji @whoweareca
- Cross-Cultural Differences in Creativity – via @NewPsychologist
- RT @christopherw Thought for the day: the UK isn’t a multicultural country – it’s simply a multiethnic one – Discuss + please copy me
- Denizen – a Third Culture Kid magazine – via @mulumba
- @DoreenatDMS I’ve definitely encountered different definitions of “multicultural” – 1 descriptive “many cultures” & 1 more “ideological”
- @christopherw @DoreenatDMS – I think Canada is more advanced in becoming a multicultural society than most, not sure where UK is
- @DoreenatDMS @christopherw & from reading the news, I suspect even more issues are bubbling on the surface in Australia
- @DoreenatDMS @christopherw When referring to silos – wonder if this is used when people are “reactive”, compared to being more open minded
- Fascinating report on psychological studies: 10 rules that govern groups – via @zackc @gnat @timoreilly @CultureMatters
- New model for trans-cultural competence for leaders of multicultural teams (PDF) – via @dianelevin
- Transmutation of America into a tense multicultural bouquet - Examiner.com – via @racism
- Beyond Acculturation #mediapost #hispanic #cross-cultural #marketing RT @DoreenatDMS @brandoneculture
- @MomMostTraveled – I wonder how bargaining in China compares to bargaining in Arab countries…?
- Moving Out of United States? International Shipping Terms and Definitions – Part 1 of 3
- RT @tradebusiness – Tradekey – A great opportunity for international business
- RT @lyceum – Where Is The Best Country To Have A Small Business?
- Facebook Group: Young Professionals for International Cooperation – Interested in int’l business & cultural awareness
- Goodbye Crocs! 14 things the recession is helping to get rid of - via @GuyKawasaki: @KariRippetoe – a few surprises
- Local Search Citations in Continental Europe – or “web references” to your business on some other website.
- @katahdinme Thanks for the link to this great resource: Local Search Citations in Continental Europe
- When Quitting Get’s You Ahead - via @katahdinme
- Why do many people think innovation is about ideas? Ideas are not the problem. Execution & value creation are – via @jamestodhunter @jjude
- Multicultural marketing strategy from Ad Age – RT @thinkargus @FannyLawren
- Multicultural/ethnic marketing – russian-americans specialist agency – via @Thangngo
- Ultimate Guide to Delicious Social Bookmarking
- Why Blog When You’ve Got Facebook? via @DeniseWakeman
- @steverubel – Great chart on PR & social media over the last 5 years – makes me wonder where we will be 5 years from now.
- FastCompany interviews @Mike_Stelzner on the Social Media Success Summit 09 - via @chrisgarrett
- RT @wgaultier – Top 5 Twitterers per Country Based on Number of Followers. Congrats @weirdchina @jayoatway
- RT @chrisgarrett – 16 Reasons to use Posterous & ditto to @johnhaydon Nice work!
- 12 ways you can borrow traffic – Check it out now because you know you want more traffic @chrisgarrett
- RT @DannyBrown – Is having social media in your job title important? @shannonpaul asks the question
- Blogging vs Tweeting – Which is more productive? – via @perrybelcher @zaibatsu @katahdinme
- Why It’s Not Wise for Your Business to Overlook FriendFeed – A more accurate picture of what is going on “right now”
- #FF – Strong International Profiles – @alina_popescu @DR4WARD @gbw @finikiotis @Inga_Ros @LanceScoular @RobertRogersLaw @Ronna
- #FF – Fun people in Europe – @gbw @glcuccureddu @jansegers @linnetwoods @lyceum @NicoleSimon @ruxandraale
- #FF Strong Cultural Profiles @amsall @CultureMatters @DoreenatDMS @EllenNaylor @psitutor @PicSeshu @RanaSinha @YleesHarvester
- RT @encuestainc Follow these tireless #Hispanic market bloggers @TargetLatino @JuanTornoe @hispanicmpr @hispanictips @HispanicPR @monitalan
- RT @mdouble #ff @DannyBrown @Marshallk @brexians @trancimata @iadiedee @MARCOME @Be_The_Dream @inkblotsart @markismusing
- RT @mundbotschafter #followfriday @florianhuber @twmouth @frieda99 @june23_ @trendlupe
- RT @AAATranslation #followfriday @4thQtrCoach, @WebsterU_Biz, @DLoesch, @LilianeRausch, @DreJones71, @herstartup, @cactusbusiness
- Importance & complications of cross-cultural understanding in travel RT @solotraveler @ashleyindallas @jessiev
- The Top 10 Travel Blogs To Help You Travel The World | Viralogy Blog
- The Traveler IQ Challenge
- Trip To Europe – Prague: a photo commentary of a recent trip by @dragosroua
- How To Negotiate in China – Q&A With Dr. James Chan
- How To Speak Basic Chinese Phrases
- Stand By Me – Sung Around the World
- RT @brandoneculture – what multicultural..HA! — Kurdish Rap – With Great Indian Music – New Clip 2008
- Broadband Speeds Increase Worldwide – the average connection speed increased by about 11 percent
- @chrisgarrett Thanks for the link to this WordPress membership site – looks like it just might be what I need
- @chrisgarrett – It’s a bit scary to think that 2009 will generate more data than everything up til 2008 combined!
Photos from Shutterstock.
Filed under: International Web Marketing
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business