Here is the weekly account of my social media marketing activities on Twitter. This past week I:
- Revised scheduled Tweet Plan with evergreen tweets implemented
- Shared useful, interesting and fun cross-cultural and internatonal links
- Carried out 2 Twitter Interviews: Seshu and Thierry de Baillon
There are no Twitter Interviews planned this coming week. I am busy working on a new social media project to be announced on 12th October 2009. Here are links to all of the previous Cross-Cultural Twitter Interviews.
Last Week’s Cross-Cultural Tweets
Here are the useful links from last week’s tweets.
- Bangladesh Corporate Blog – an interesting read, found via @pocketcultures
- RT @Minwoo_Choi Cross-cultural Communication – Rants and Raves
- What is your definition of cross- cultural communication?
- RT@giesebrecht @Networking_Lady Oh no! Intercultural competence fail – Westerwelle
- RT @HoeferleConsult Future German foreign mininster redefines “lack of intercultural competence” by refusing to answer in English
- Checking out www.komuniki.com which aims to develop intercultural competence – found via @Shayla_66sb
- RT @FarnhamCastle Intercultural Awareness in business
- Peter Franklin on Mindfulness and Effective Language by @DeborahSwallow
- Curiosity vs Empathy, Appreciation vs Anti-Racism – has a reprint of my original post Curiosity vs Empathy
- RT @AAATranslation Lost in Translation: Muammar Gaddafi’s Rambling UN Speech Smites Interpreter
- Geert Hofstede™ Cultural Dimensions - A list of the country values for Hofstede’s five scales
- Cross-Cultural Communication by William Sinunu – video
- Are you African? Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3 – via @japundit @discovernikkei
- Kiss My Black Ads takes a look at Seth Godin’s Cultural Wisdom
- Who’s dressing you? – via @CultureMatters
- RT @gbw 10 Life and Money Lessons Learned from Immigrant Parents
- Facts about France !!! – Some of the usual stereotypes about the French
- Who is a Real Arab? via @RanaSinha
- RT @HoeferleConsult Save $$ by understanding differences between US & Germany.Avoid intercultural roadblocks to focus on your core business.
- Are You Hard-Wired for a Global Career? by @PaulaCaligiuri
- RT @scotthigg International business really is a 24 x 7 environment.
- RT @TransDomo @FarnhamCastle – Corporate social responsibility – is there any room for culture?
- Just starting a business? Use the SME Toolkit – More international resources
- Europe soon will be leading the world in video game development – via @KoelnmesseInc @gamescomcologne
- Why Good Strategic Partnership Fit is Imperative – by @dkiernan on #Maidsfield Blog
- Southern India – A Place to Grow – on @globalEDGEblog
- Opportunity “Smell Test” by @finikiotis
- Expanding in Africa on @globalEDGEblog
- Doing business in Japan – via @CCTheLowdown
- A New Look at South Africa – on @globalEDGEblog
- Who are the best sales experts to follow on Twitter? Here is a list of 50 @TopSalesExperts
- RT @TonyAlessandra @jaqsmale YouTube video — Respect, relationships & the righteous customer- Dr. Tony Alessandra
- 78% of Sales Are Lost Before You Make The Call! – via @bizsugar SH
- RT @gitomer The stronger the relationship, the higher the listening factor. How strong are your relationships? Who is listening to you?
- # Reading: 7 Ways To Play A Much Bigger Game (with free workbook)
- Interesting read – Sales Hunters & Farmers Will Starve in a Sales 2.0 World – via @Andy_Rudin @shanegibson
- Learn Turkish by funny pictures from daily life in Turkey
- A Short Comedy On Cultural Pronunciation – a fun video
- BILDblog-Werbespot – Speak German? this is a cute video
- YouTube – @Alex_and_Jim on comparing American & German Names
- RT@rmbyrne @chericem 101 Tools to Learn Foreign Language for Free - Communities, courses, podcasts, tools
- ‘English only’ mentality needs to become foreign – via @CCTheLowdown
- Do You Speak English? – Big Train – BBC – A good example of British comedy
- RT @clarinette02 FOSI VIDEO : What is Digital Citizenship?
- FOSI – Challenges to Privacy in the Online World and Beyond – via @clarinette02
- RT @EILBlog Will Obama respect international law? ‘Not likely,’ says Foreign Policy
- RT @EILBlog China/US argue in the media about the fairness of trade sanctions imposed by the U.S. on Chinese tires.
Multicultural, Cross-Cultural & International Marketing
- How are you customizing your web marketing for different cultures to get more international business?
- Different countries and cultures respond to different marketing and sales strategies
- Savvy segments: retailers and brands target ethnic markets by @adsheik
- Does “marketing” exist in Japan? on @japanintercult
- The 2010 Census and the Hispanic Advertising and Media Industry – ThinkMulticultural
- What a CPG Company Needs to Know to Successfully Reach the Hispanic Consumer by @adsheik
- RT @mvellandi @t_de_baillon Brands and culture, symbiotic?
- Stuff White People Like - found via @SEOcopy ‘s blogroll
- Diversity And Social Change
- Men and women belong to different species and communications between them is still in its infancy – Bill Cosby
- You may have a fresh start any moment you choose for failure isn’t the falling down but staying down – M Pickford
- No person will make a great business who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit – Andrew Carnegie
- RT @drnili The less you forgive, the more money you will spend on doctors and medicines. ~Pankaj Gupta
- The Law of Raspberry Jam: the wider any culture is spread, the thinner it gets – Alvin Toffler
- A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one – Henry Ford
- All experience is an arch to build upon – Henry Brooks Adams
- Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see. – Arthur Schopenhauer
- Examine what is said, not who speaks – Arabian Proverb
- Social Media Statistics and Trends for South America by @shanegibson now in Bogota via @TopSalesExperts
- RT @bduperrin @t_de_baillon Enterprise 2.0 : is there a French specificity ? – human interactions ARE cultural
- 5 Really Cool Ways to Get Feedback with Social Media @Mashable @Mike_Stelzner
- 70% of Marketers Shifting from Traditional to Digital Media – via @Mike_Stelzner
- Disney Goes Web 2.0, Launches an Official Blog – via @Akostic
- Really interesting to read how @kevinpalmer suggests he’d use social media to promote a band – via @rjleaman
- Interesting Social Media Trend via @shanegibson – Simultaneous translation in micro-blogging and collaboration platforms.
- RT @chericem @TEDChris on how to use Twitter – (Some excellent tips – even for veterans)
- RT @BookofEverythin Did you know that in 1989, the United Nations named Toronto the world’s most multicultural city?
- Morocco magic *stunning* timelapse – via @MagicTimeLapse @DoreenatDMS
- Why 2010 will be the year of the travel deal – via @elliottdotorg @chrisguillebeau
- How the World Views Germany’s New Government - via @TransDomo
- How well do you know France? Map game to learn French regions – via @pocketcultures
- Map showing changes in ages of UK population over past years & future – via @RNID @ExpMyCulture
- RT @LouisColumbus China celebrates 60 years – Great photo essay from The Big Picture (Boston.com)
- Cultural Realms – a blog on cultural tourism & discovery
- RT @CragerInc @TrainingTsar 10 Sites to Learn Something New in 10 Minutes a Day
- Sidewiki on -The Week Magazine: Chinese women redraw the social map
- Interesting blog by Duncan Green, Head of Research for Oxfam GB
- “Tenteki” (IV) cafes popular in Japan. Would you stick needles in your veins for vitamins? – via @RickCogley
- 50 Free Ivy-League Lectures on the Economy – Online Classes.org
- Anne Frank Video
- How people count cash – Cultural differences in how people count their paper money
- Building a true culture of ideas – Ideas While You Sleep - via @IdeasCulture @nataliegiddings
What do you think? Please share your comments below!
Photos from Shutterstock.
Filed under: International Web Marketing
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business