Want to win in a free copy of the ProBlogger book? Simply suggest another series for this blog. 6 books to win – see below.
On Tuesday, I was so excited about my blogging statistics that I wrote about how implementing one tip from one book increased the number of blog visitors in March. It was almost a 100% increase, but not quite.
No more anticipation, let’s get straight to the details:
The Book On Blogging I Read In February:
The One New Tip Implemented In March:
- Series posts – a 31-Day Cross-Cultural Communication Challenge
Counterize Statistics For CindyKing.biz
Here are the results for the number of visitors to this blog:
- 27457 in February 2009
- 52770 in March 2009
- = an increase of 92%
I have been blogging every day since January 2008 and, of course, my blogging has evolved over time. But there is only one difference in March, compared to February: a month long blog series on cross-cultural communication tips.
In March, I continued networking on Twitter, although not new, this brought in great contacts too. In addition,
- New blog posts are tweeted automatically… this included the daily challenge posts
- All 31 cross-cultural tips were tweeted separately over the month with #cccctips
The social media channels I use for promoting my business keep me busy… in fact, so busy that I did not have time to try anything else new on the blog in March.
The ProBlogger Book
The ProBlogger book is very easy to read. You can read my book review here. It is also very thorough. And one other thing… I found it very motivational. Even though I was busy, I was inspired to implement at least one tip from the book. Something I had not tried before. Something to take my blogging further.
I chose to write a series.
The tag line on the ProBlogger book is: Secrets for blogging your way to a six-figure income
Now, maybe this is part of the reason why I kept putting off reading the book in the first place. This tag line does not speak to me. I blog to get leads for my small business. I want to network with other businesses interested in the international business services I offer.
To me this book is more about the basics of great blogging. It is for everyone who wants to use a blog and social media… no matter what the reason is. Let’s face it, things change so much that you do need to understand how others are using blogs. These same practices can often be adapted for your own needs. If you are investing your time in blogging, it is worth doing it the best you can.
Back To Basics
In international business you often need to get back to the basics to get results. Many people also advise businesses to develop stronger “basics” as a means to survive in today’s slow economy. “Basics” does seem to be a buzz word right now.
And yet the ProBlogger book provides you with solid basics on blogging.
I am sure there are others out there who are like me. You are used to blogging, but blogging is time consuming. It is easy to think that you are covering all of the basics… even when you are not. And the basics of good blogging lay the foundation for a great blog. There are enough good blogging practices to try out and see what works for your blog.
This month I am reviewing more basics of good blogging.
The two authors of the ProBlogger book have other programs you might be interested in:
- Problogger’s 31 Days To Build A Better Blog – This free course starts April 6th… but you need to sign up. Hopefully my work schedule allows me to follow this live – there is a forum too! Besides, my March series showed me that I should go back and cover the basics again.
- Chris Garrett’s Authority Blogger course – This is not free, but it extremely low priced for the value you get. And the community itself is priceless. This course covers the basics, and also takes you a bit further. If you are serious about blogging, or if you are blogging for business, this is a great place to learn how to take your social media presence to an Authority Blogger level.
6 Free ProBlogger Books For The Best Suggestions
Would you like to get a free copy of the ProBlogger book? It is easy…
Answer this question in the comments below:
What other series would you like to see here on this blog?
The series has to fall somewhere within the broad topic of:
Get International Clients with better Cross-Cultural Communication.
The deadline for your suggestions is Wednesday April 15th.
Then on Thursday April 16th through Friday April 17th we will vote for the best ones.
The books will be mailed just after that.
And of course, I hope you implement at least one of the blogging tips in the book!
More To Improve Your International Web Marketing
- 92% More Visitors In March With One Tip From The ProBlogger Book
- How One Tip From One Book Increased My Web Marketing Results
- How To Get A Free Copy Of The ProBlogger Book
- Winners Of The Free Problogger Book Contest & New Blog Post Series
What do you think? Please share your thoughts and comments below.
Photos from Shutterstock.
Filed under: improve international web marketing
If you've read this far, you should sign up to receive updates
Sign up for the International Stories newsletter, and prepare yourself to manage international business